Welcome to the Onoway & District Chamber of Commerce!
The Gateway Business Community for the
Town of Onoway & Surrounding Areas in Alberta, Canada
AGM ELECTION RESULTS
At the Annual General Meeting on May 21, 2020, the new Board of Directors was elected.
You can check out the members of the current Board here
Useful links for businesses (including not-for-profits)
In addition to the information and links below, the Onoway & District Chamber of Commerce will be posting additional information on its Facebook page. If you have not done so already, please take a moment to follow us!
The Alberta Chambers of Commerce (of which the Onoway Chamber is a member) is posting a Daily Bulletin at 4:30 pm Monday - Friday, with up-to-date information and resources for businesses. You can access the Daily Bulletin from their home page, by clicking here. It includes the following topics:
- World Health Organization (WHO) COVID-19 outbreak information
- National-level resources
- Provincial-level resources
- Video conferencing services
- HR concerns
- Alberta Employer updates
Also useful is this link to the Community Futures Yellowhead East page listing various supports for employers, which includes a useful Excel template for tracking the information necessary with respect to the federal Temporary Wage Subsidy.
Local Government ResponsesYou can find out what the local governments in our area are doing with respect to the COVID-19 outbreak by checking at the following sites:
Impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the Onoway & District Chamber
Like everyone else dealing with the COVID-19 outbreak, the Onoway & District Chamber of Commerce has been significantly impacted. Here is a summary of the current situation:
- Our AGM, originally scheduled for April 9, 2020, was postponed and is now scheduled for Thursday, May 21, 2020,
- The Chamber Board of Directors has resumed regular meetings.
- Our administrator, Janet (firstname.lastname@example.org), will be working from home but she will continue to be available by phone (see bottom of this page) and email to respond to member inquiries.
- Our very popular Facebook Live series has been resumed, using a new format.