Welcome to the Onoway & District Chamber of Commerce!
The Gateway Business Community for the
Town of Onoway & Surrounding Areas in Alberta, Canada
Useful links for businesses (including not-for-profits)
In addition to the information and links below, the Onoway & District Chamber of Commerce will be posting additional information on its Facebook page. If you have not done so already, please take a moment to follow us!
The Alberta Chambers of Commerce (of which the Onoway Chamber is a member) is posting a Daily Bulletin at 4:30 pm Monday - Friday, with up-to-date information and resources for businesses. You can access the Daily Bulletin from their home page, by clicking here. It includes the following topics:
- World Health Organization (WHO) COVID-19 outbreak information
- National-level resources
- Provincial-level resources
- Video conferencing services
- HR concerns
- Alberta Employer updates
Also useful is this link to the Community Futures Yellowhead East page listing various supports for employers, which includes a useful Excel template for tracking the information necessary with respect to the federal Temporary Wage Subsidy.
Local Government ResponsesYou can find out what the local governments in our area are doing with respect to the COVID-19 outbreak by checking at the following sites:
Impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the Onoway & District Chamber
Like everyone else dealing with the COVID-19 outbreak, the Onoway & District Chamber of Commerce has been significantly impacted. Here is a summary of the current situation:
- Our AGM, originally scheduled for April 9, 2020, is postponed for the time being,
- Meetings of the Board of Directors are postponed until further notice.
- The Executive Committee has been delegated the authority to make decisions as necessary until the next Board meeting is held, and will keep the Board up to date with any important issues.
- Our administrator, Janet (email@example.com), will be working from home but she will continue to be available by phone (see bottom of this page) and email to respond to member inquiries.
- Our very popular Facebook Live series will be paused for the time being.